Ok, so I threw a gutter ball last week. I got to the line down 1, with .2 seconds left on the clock and threw up 2 air balls. I had the receiver wide open in the back of the endzone and threw it in the dirt. I was up with the bases loaded in the 9th, full count, down 3, took a big cut and completely missed. But that’s okay because the series isn’t over. We are only in week 8. For most leagues that means there are 7-8 weeks left, so we are at the halfway point. There is still hope.
Fantasy Week 8 Sleeper: Now this is a guy that you can go and grab as a Free Agent in most leagues. People have given up on them or just not heard about them yet. But to be clear, this is a shot in the dark, with massive amount of upside and very low risk. Last week I wrote about Justin Blackmon, and he fell flat on his face after the coaching staff stated they would be force feeding him the ball. I owe you a drink, my bad.
This weeks sleeper of the week is WR Brandon Stokley from the Peyton Mannings. He is owned in less than 20% of leagues and has 3 TDs in his last 4 games. This is a dream matchup vs the Saints who are allowing over 30ppg. Freeman threw for over 400 yards, Peyton will throw for a similar amount. If you have Stevie Johnson, Torrey Smith, Aj Green, Andre Johnson on bye and didnt prepare yourself, grab Stokley and plug him in there.
Now, since fantasy football is much like the stock market, you need to buy low and sell high if you want to be a successful trader/investor in both. If you are sitting at 6-1, 7-0 or even 5-2 and have some depth to your team, send some trades out to guys with Arian Foster, Ray Rice, Buffalo backs, or AJ Green if their teams are sitting in the bottom half of the league. They can’t afford losses and need players to play now.
Moving on, here are some players to buy low:
1. Kenny Britt – huge talent, was on the list last week and underperformed, trade for him, especially if you can get him for close to nothing.
2. Reggie Bush – hasn’t done much the last few weeks, fighting with a knee injury, he’s coming off of a bye and his schedule is a cakewalk the next four weeks w/ Jets, Indi, TEN and BUF. If you can move a WR2 or RB2/3 for him, do it.
3. Andrew Luck – easiest schedule to finish out the season, if you can ship out your starter and keep Luck, while getting a stud RB/WR in the process, go for it.
4. Danny Amendola – He may be available as a free agent, he is practicing on a limited basis today.
5. Beanie Wells – says he can play right now, is allowed to come off IR and play in week 12, will get bulk of carries when back.